ANGELO COMISSO – Curriculum vitae
− Name: Angelo
− Surname: Comisso
− Address: Precenicco, Brian Str., 48, 33050 Udine, Italy.
− Citizenship: Italian
mail to: email@example.com mobile: 0039.329.2122275
− 1997, Bachelor Degree in Music Composing, State Conservatory of Music ” J. Tomadini” in Udine.
− 1992, Academic Degree in Piano, State Conservatory of Music “B. Marcello” in Venice.
− 1989, A level, Music High School of the State Conservatory of Music “B. Marcello” in Venice.
– 1998, Scholarship, Conservatory of Music in Hartford (Usa).
– 29 june 1997 / 6 july 1997, Advanced Tutorial for jazz musicians, Tirano (SO),Italy, in partnership with the New England Conservatory of Boston, Usa.
Teachers: Gary Chaffee, Bevan Manson, Dave Santoro.
– 2000 / 2002, Two years attendance at the Trio di Trieste International Chamber Music Academy, Duino (Ts).
Teachers: Amedeo Baldoino, Renato Zanettovich, Dario De Rosa.
– 1993, I International Course in composing techniques for film music, Philarmonic Academy, Bologna, Italy.
Teacher: M° Elio Polizzi.
– 1992, Siena Jazz Summer Course
Teacher: Franco D’Andrea.
Angelo Comisso has been invited in many European television and radio broadcasts (RAI, RTS, BBC, WDR, NDR, Al Jazeera, TeleCapodistria), both in solo and in ensemble, performing his own compositions.
He performed in various important Jazz Festivals all around Europe and beyond: Croatia (Rjeka, Zagabria, Varazdin) Italy (Euromeet Veneto Jazz Festival), Denmark (Aarhus Music Festival), Slovenia (Ljubjana Jazz Festival), Taiwan (Taipei Jazz Festival), Germany (Klang Visionen Festival Köln), Marocco (Chella Jazz Festival), Great Britain (Celthenham Jazz Festival), Israele (Yasmine Festival) and many others.
He plays and collaborates with internationally renowned musicians such as Gianluigi Trovesi, Gianni Basso, Francesco Bearzatti, Michel Godard, Kyle Gregory, David Jarh, Roberto Ottaviano, Evan Parker, Dhafer Youssef , Gilad Atzmon, Markus Stockhausen…
He creates very high quality Piano Solo performances, a musical language which Comisso feels really in line with his expressive talent: as a soloist improviser he is very appreciated by the audience and by the critics, in particular by reviewer Franco Fayenz.
SInce 2003 he is playing regularly with the German trumpeter and composer Markus Stockhausen. They play in duo or in trio with Christian Thomé on the drums (Lichtblick Trio).
They performed for WDR and BBC and in many European Jazz Festivals and recorded three compatc discs: Lichtblick (2005), Es War Einmal (2007) and Stabat Mater (2011), the last one being pointed out among the 100 better cds of the year by Jazzit magazine.
In 1999 he established the Angelo Comisso Trio, which performs regularly in Italy and abroad and recorded two compact discs: Towards Home (1999) and Sturm und Drang (2010), also pointed out among the 100 better cds of the year by Jazzit magazine.
During his stay in the United States he worked as a pianist for Walt Disney in Orlando, Florida.
Lately he began a fruitful collaboration with Saxophone player Francesco Bearzatti. In 2015 their first album in duo will be released by Blue Serge Label.
He’ s active also in the sector of contemporary music and he is a member of Laboratorio Nova Musica in Venice. He performed in many contemporary music events (Roma, Torino, Venezia, Trieste).
He collaborated with Quartetto Karta (Arild Andersen, Patrice Herald, Markus Stockhausen), with whom he played also in Taipei jazz Festival.
He works as a pianist and co-composer for the International Ensemble Jazzence (Wien) and for the acting company Accademia Amiata Mutamenti (Tuscany).
He is very active as a piano and music teacher, in particular in the sector of improvised music.
He wrote two pedagogical music works for young students, put up many times by the music schools of Friuli Venezia Giulia Department (Italy): Il linguaggio degli animali (for narrator and small musical ensemble), and I musicanti di Brema (short opera for choir, solo voices and small orchestra).
– 1995 / 2001 and 2003 / ongoing, Piano Teacher (classical and jazz)
Music School 55, Trieste.
– 2004 / 2009, Accompanist
Ballet School, Castelfranco Veneto (Tv).
– 2007 / 2008, Piano Teacher (classical and jazz)
Modern Music Institute, Padova.
– 1999 / 2002, Managing Director of the Music Activity and Piano Teacher
United World College of the Adriatic, Duino (Ts).
– 1994 / 2001, Piano Teacher (classical and jazz)
Municipal Music School, Latisana (Ud).
– 22 july 2002 / 2 august 2002, Assistant Teacher, Summer jazz workshop in Italy,
Euromeet Jazz Festival Veneto, Bassano del Grappa (VI)
• Stabat Mater, Angelo Comisso, Lichtblick Trio, Coro Látomás, Blue Serge 2012
• Sturm und drang, Angelo Comisso, piano solo / Trio, Blue Serge 2010
• di vini fermenti musicali, Angelo Comisso, piano solo Elytra 2007
• Es war einmal, Markus Stockhausen, Angelo Comisso, Christian Thomè, Aktivraum 2007
• Lichtblick, Markus Stockhausen, Angelo Comisso, Christian Thomé, Aktivraum 2005
• Towards home, Angelo Comisso Trio, Newport Studios 1999
• Merry Christmas, Gino Comisso Jazz Quartet, Studio AVF 1999
• Aria, Susanna Villanova, Newport Studios 1998
• Princess, Alessandro Zampini, Newport Studios 1998
• DieciAnniDiMusica, Artisti vari, Scenario Studio 1997
• Lipso, Ensemble strumentale Laboratorio Nova Musica, Infinity Studio 1994
• Pitture nella nebbia, Gino Comisso Jazz Quartet, Studio AVF 1992